King has a strong in-house civil engineering and water resource group consisting of engineers, hydrologists and environmental scientists. Efficient water resource management systems are critical to the success of any project. We are especially proud of our strong hydrologic expertise in large watersheds. We utilize the latest computer modeling programs to ensure accurate flow rate analysis for multi-interval storm events. We work daily with the permitting of these systems and are familiar with the codes and regulations of federal, state and local government agencies.
King has extensive experience in not only traditional treatment (e.g., wet or dry retention) methods, but also with structural / physical / chemical / biological devices such as CDS units, alum injection, stormceptors, and created wetlands, as well as various Low Impact Development (LID) treatment design techniques and options (e.g., bio-swales, filter marshes, stormwater re-use, etc.).
- Stormwater Master Planning
- Hydrologic & Hydraulic Modeling
- Flood Control Design
- Stormwater Retrofit Design
- Wetland/Habitat Restoration Design
- Stormwater Reuse Evaluation/Design
- Low Impact Development (LID) Design
- Best Management Practices & Erosion Control Plans
- Regulatory Permitting & Compliance
- Water Quality/Level/Flow Data Collection
- Wetland Monitoring
- Stream Condition Index (SCI) Sampling
- Construction Management
- Stakeholder Coordination and Public Information