Solid Waste Engineering
The collection, conveyance, disposal and recycling of solid waste continues to be an evolving industry. With today’s emphasis on “green” technology, this field is becoming increasingly more important. For the “sustainability” of resources and because the rules are changing, many businesses and governments are expanding their recycling effort. King has experience with a full range of solid waste planning, design, permitting, construction and rehabilitation projects.
Our experience extends beyond the design, permitting and construction of basic facilities but includes associated solutions for groundwater contamination, landfill volume and remaining life calculations, traffic flow, air permitting and public outreach. This experience, combined with our other company disciplines, means that we provide a comprehensive approach to your solid waste needs.
- Regional Planning Studies
- Site Planning
- Transfer Stations
- Scale Facilities
- Leachate Collection and Storage Facilities
- Waste Excavation and Landfill Opening/Re-closing
- Construction on Closed Landfills
- Material Recovery Facilities
- Construction & Demolition Debris (C&D) Recycling Facilities
- Yard and Wood Waste Processing Facilities
- Customer Waste and Recycling Drop-off Center
- Household Chemical Collection Centers